Under Construction....

Please excuse my interweb-dust! Changes are underway- thanks for your patience!

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Budget Bride- DIY For the Flower Girls

The very first wedding-related project I decided to tackle (mostly because working on something BIG was waaaay too intimidating for me) was this one:

DIY Project: Popping the Question to the Flower Girls!

A cute trend right now is to send a small gift to prospective flower girls, inviting them to be a part of the wedding and getting them excited for the big day.

I will have two flower girls in my wedding- six-year-old twins. They're my cousins, and they love my Hunky future Husband so much that I think they're a little jealous of me! I wanted to give them something special to ask them to be my flower girls... and this is what I came up with.

Now, keep in mind, I have a lot of fun hand-embroidering things. That being said, I know that my little hobby isn't shared by everyone, and what I love about this project is that you can really make it your own. I chose to embroider, but this is a cute idea for painting, drawing...

 Our wedding colors are orange and blue, so I tied that in to the little card. The poem is easy to customize.

 Detail shot...
The finished product. I used a little blue paper to the back, both to add some pretty contrast and also to hide the "ugly" side of my embroidery. Also, on the back, I wrote each girl's name and a short note about how much of an honor it would be to have them as my flower girls, and how much I was looking forward to their special day.

Of course, I signed it from both Zeke and from myself, because after all, he is their favorite person ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate Posts Only