Under Construction....

Please excuse my interweb-dust! Changes are underway- thanks for your patience!

Friday, October 11, 2013

Five Things Friday: 5 Things I Love about Fall

Ah, Fall. Or, "Ah, Autumn," depending on how fancy you're feeling. Today, I'm not feeling so fancy, so "Ah, Fall."

Now that we've solved that issue...

1. Apple cinnamon... everything. I love apple cinnamon. I really, really do. I like it so much that there was a sale on Apple Cinnamon instant oatmeal, and I got a ton. And then I got really sick of oatmeal.

Here's my new favorite apple cinnamon cookie recipe...

Little Wife's No Bake Apple Cinnamon Cookies

1 1/2 cup instant apple cinnamon oatmeal, uncooked
1 1/2 cup regular oatmeal or rice crispy cereal
5 Tbs peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter

Stir butter, sugar, and milk together in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, and then full boil for one to two minutes. Add the peanut butter, stir well to combine, then add the oatmeal (or oatmeal and cereal) and stir to coat well. Scoop out about a tablespoon and place on a greased cookie sheet. These may take a while for these cookies to set up- stick 'em in the fridge to set them up quicker. Yum!


2. Perfect weather. Summer in Iowa can be pretty hot and muggy, and of course, winter in Iowa is a lot like this...


Actually, this picture was taken in May. So yeah. Poor robin.

Fall is the best season here in Iowa- not too hot and muggy, and not frigidly cold. 

3. The tourists go home! We live in a very touristy area, and while I know it's great for our local economy, and even though I look forward to tourist season as soon as March rolls around, it's pretty wonderful to see the tourists go. Traffic is so much better in the Fall!

4. This. Just this. 
 



5.  Sweaters and scarves and warm socks and flannel! Fall is the start of comfy cozy season! Pulling out those flannel sheets and getting all snuggly in a big sweater... wonderful.




What are your favorite Fall things? (Or Autumn, if you're feeling fancy)




1 comment:

  1. Ah, it's spring here, I'm looking forward to leaving all of the cold weather and layers behind, haha! :)


    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete

nRelate Posts Only