Under Construction....

Please excuse my interweb-dust! Changes are underway- thanks for your patience!

Friday, October 24, 2014

October Update



Because, let's be honest, it's hard to keep up in the blogging world!

<> Work's going well- we're out of the fire and into the furnace- summer camp is over, but Fall youth retreats are starting up today. 75 middle schoolers say what?

("AAAAAH!" and "I just drank three Red Bulls on the bus ride here!" That's what they say.)

<> With all the transitions and stuff, I've been really relying on my planner. So, yeah, I've been posting about that a lot.

<> We went on a three-day vacation to the Black Hills last week, and it was awesome. And just what I needed.


<> I still need yo' tips on Fall fashion. Link.It.Up.

 <> Zeke's been making lots of dehydrator food (so, like, jerky and apple chips and dehydrated watermelon, which he really likes and I really hate), so there's that.


 <> Still not pregnant. I was hitting a wall with my regular family doctor about that (she wanted to put me back on birth control to "reset" my cycle, and yeah, no. No Pill for me.), so we decided that seeing a NaPro might be our best bet. We'll be on the same page as the doctor as far as no IVF and no birth control, at least.

We started using Creighton two weeks ago, went for our first follow up on Tuesday. I'm kind of loving the no-temping thing.



<> I had my first Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks last week, but I was completely underwhelmed. Zeke took a sip and said, "This doesn't taste like four dollars."

Anyway, I thought maybe I was out of the Pumpkin-Spice-loving stage of life, but then I got some Pumpkin Spice creamer, and yeah, it's pretty wonderful. Maybe the Starbucks guy was just a newbie?


This post is linked up with Jenna for tl;dr, and with Jen for 7QT! Because there were seven things!



3 comments:

  1. So I stumbled across your blog recently, its beautiful! I just wanted to say that NaPro is great, I've been using Creighton and seeing a NaPro doctor for about a year now. You might have already found them, but if you hadn't, there are some facebook groups for information and support. Feel free to email me if you want more information :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found a doctor who is helping. Maybe I am just longing for the greener grass but it seems to me that a napro doctor would be more willing to listen to symptoms. I site hope yours is helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few friends doing the Creighton model!!!!

    I have been wanting a dehydrator - do you love it?

    That trip looks beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

nRelate Posts Only